Friday, December 3, 2010

Discovery and Awareness of Significance



–“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.”  Marcel Proust French novelist (1871 - 1922)

People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself.  But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates.  ~Thomas Szasz, "Personal Conduct," The Second Sin, 1973

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.  ~Henry David Thoreau, 1854

My mother said to me, "If you become a soldier, you'll be a general, if you become a monk you'll end up as the pope."  Instead, I became a painter and wound up as Picasso.  ~Pablo Picasso

No comments:

Post a Comment