Thursday, December 2, 2010

Feeling Insignificant?

100 years from today, most likely no one, will remember what you did today, even if you thought what you did today was truly significant. This site is dedicated to capture, those insignificant thoughts, observations and events, that might be slightly insignificant.

On a recent business trip, I was taking my morning shower in a hotel room in San Jose California. They had a beautiful complementary assortment of  the usual shampoo, conditioner and hand cream. I grabbed the shampoo along with a bar of soap that was wrapped in plastic. The soap wrapper was apparently made of krypton type plastic, no matter what I did, it was impossible to remove the wrapper. As a last resort I used my teeth, to rip the plastic, alas, the soap was freed. I then proceeded to attempt to unscrew the shampoo bottle, with its stylish smooth plastic cap. Without those little serrations along of the cap,  it was impossible to open the small bottle of shampoo. Obviously the person to designed the bottle, had never tried to open it in a hot steamy shower. Even though you might think that the event was insignificant, this ritual no doubt goes all in hotel rooms across the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment